Monday, May 9, 2011

True to oneself

Is there anything wrong if one were to be true to ownself? Defending your own against the multiple abuses and demenaning criticisms against yourself?

I don't see any wrong with it. In fact, I have been brought up to not keep quiet if such injustice happens to befall on you. Therefore, I will always ensure that I speak out, but not rudely. I mean, everyone has to be given an opportunity to show that they themselves are right, at least for once.

Unfortunately, yesterday, i was reprimanded by my boss; which really pisses me off. I was trying to do numbering for my list, when i tried to drag down the list in Excel, and click "Fill Series". My boss intervened and kept on insisting that my way would not work well, and instead hers work. Out of due respect to her, i tried, but it didn't happen. I tried doing it my own way, but she was so irritated with my inability to follow her orders. She said out LOUD (in the conference call) that i was STUBBORN.

I was utterly dumb-founded!Generally, we call someone stubborn because they don't know what are they doing, and yet refuse to listen to someone else who can do it better. In my case, my way works and trying to demonstrate that to her but she just dismiss me off.

TACT is definitely not a common practice here...

Never ever judge a book by its cover.. that is for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment