Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quirky

Quirky.. I have never thought of using this word to describe myself until recently. I have always think of myself as a weirdo.. I was and still really different from my other friends.

At one point of time, I was so upset with myself for my inability to blend in with the crowd. Why, why , why.. Is it because I am a geek, is it because I am neither here not there (my struggle between English and the chinese dialects), or is it because I am just born to be socially-awkward and to never fit into the circles of the rich and pretty?

I found out that those are no longer important. (Not the language part, though). One should never ever under-estimate the hidden undercurrents of peer pressure. It can eat up your confidence; the way a huge piece of rock that gets eroded by the slow but consistent waves in the sea.

Individuality is much lauded now and why should one succumb to the pressure of trying to look like every other so-called ideal female outlook...

If quirkiness is what defines a person, I would rather be quirky, than to be lumped under the general "pretty girls" category...

No comments:

Post a Comment