Monday, May 16, 2011

Tanned

I am considered quite tanned for a Chinese.. i am quite hitam-manis. Not sure if I take after my mum or dad, but I doubt it's from either of them...So, I have always been mistaken as being a Nyonya or Malay (the extreme ones), but I have never taken that to heart. To me, it's more of the case of a mistaken identity.... Well, this case of mistaken identity happened quite some time ago. I have to admit, I was quite tanned then, probably because I had to walk in the afternoon hot sun, and was quite a fitness freak then.

Well, had a 180 degrees change in lifestyle subsequently after that, and I started to take care of my skin. Religiously applying whitening and anti-darkening lotion, and using the umbrella when walking under the sun. Being religious about it meant my efforts would have resulted in an improvement in my tanned skin.

Surprisingly, just last week, someone was asking me if am I a Nyonya... I was a bit surprised, because I thought that i am way fairer now, than I was back then. It bristled me a bit, but on the brighter side, it's been proven that the chances to get skin cancer is lower for the tanned skin ones, than the fairer skin ones...

Guess it's a blessing in disguise..

No comments:

Post a Comment