Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How do you feel to be accused?

How would you feel if you are accused of doing something without informing all those involved; even though you have been instructed to keep quiet on this planned event?
Would you stay still, plaster a smile on your face, and graciously accept the blame being heaped on you; even though you did no wrong?
Would you back off into a corner when someone complains that you reply too long to a superior's email; even though you feel it's necessary to make an explanation?

This was what happened to me today, in the evening. And please, even if you are unhappy with the way things are being done, I don't think there's a need to make accusations and try to push the blame onto me. And, there's no need to compare past practice against the current practice. No point harping on that, as that is not how the company operates right now.

Trying to show as if I am so not knowledgable about my own role; and that the previous PIC is more superior than me AND to air the dirty laundry in public...Come on... if you had calmly pulled me aside and asked for a private 1-to-1 clarification, I would have gladly agreed to it. But the moment you crossed the line of professionalism, sorry.... I am not the spineless kind of person who would just swallow whatever shoved to me. I have done no wrong, and would not back down.

What is wrong with these people? Can't they even try to understand things from a different perspective? Different point of view?

No comments:

Post a Comment