Monday, March 12, 2012

Observation - 13th March

"Here we go round the Mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, Here we go round the Mulberry bush, the humpty dumpty officer" - When I was young, I used to sing this rhyme when I ride on the merry-go-round. Merry-go-rounds are horrifying, because it makes you dizzy, but I love the sensation of seeing everything around you twirling like there's no tomorrow.

This brings me to my observation of today. It's no surprise to see why the suicide rates are soaring. When faced with problems, they are faced with no one to go to. Even though they take the initiative on their own to reach out to people, sadly no one is willing to extend you a helping hand. Instead, you are scolded, criticised, laughed at, and even belittled by those who are supposed to be your guardian angel. Or if not, they send you off on a wild goose chase knowing very well that you will not accomplish it, because there is no goose to be chased in the first place.

People like this.. I believe they get a kick out of seeing you going all out, to many places, many different people, asking, begging for information and not getting any. You are a former reflection of who he/she was. And since he/she didn't get it easy last time, why should they make it easy for you?! If they can survive it, why not you?

The suicide and going on a wild goose chase example may seem out of place, but the fundamentals of my example are:

*Consequences; be it positive or negative can be the result of one individual / a collaborative act*

I was sent on an official wild goose chase 2 weeks ago and finally, the chase has proven its worth. However, during the empty-handed period, I felt like I was standing at the edge of a cliff.. the sharp precipice... I was like an unbalanced weight... ready to tip anytime. Everthing else seemed immaterial. No words could describe the frustration, the pent-up anger, the disappointment, the irony of life. Thank god for perseverance and belief in one's own confidence. I finally got it sorted out.

I will never understand what goes on in the minds of people who have chosen the easy way out of life, but I think I do understand the complicated feelings which lead them on that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment